Simply Neutrals #27


vintage mixed media collage by AppleApricot


Hello sweet friends!

How wonderful to be back again for another Simply Neutrals party!
I hope you had a wonderful month of July?
We enjoyed beautiful mountain trails and scenery, waterfalls and wildlife.
I will share more of that later on my other blog Love A Rustic Life.

Since we're still busy unpacking and washing etc, and since I'm a little late at the party, I share with you today a golden oldie from my archives. A mixed media collage on canvas board.


What else I'd love to say here is a big thank you for the many sweet comments we received about the interview I had with Dorthe of Den Lille Lade. If you haven't read it yet, be sure to do so HERE. I am so happy that the interview was so well received and I'd love to do more artist interviews in the (nearby) future. Because I have found that I really love sharing the beautiful work, souls and words of the sweet artists I meet online, and love to get to know them better and share their beautiful stories with you. So stay tuned for some more!


Features of last party

THE PHOTOS SHOWN BELOW ARE THE COPYRIGHTED PHOTOS OF THE RESPECTIVE OWNERS. DO NOT COPY OR PIN THESE PHOTOS FROM THIS BLOG!!

It's been a while since our last party, but here are two of the many lovely things shared.
Things romantically breathing some vintage air.

First there is a beautiful romantic heart by Suzy of Suziqu's Threadworks.
She always uses the most beautiful (vintage) laces and fabrics.


fabric and lace heart by suziqusthreadworks
Copyright by Suzy of Suziqu's Threadworks


What I love besides the beautiful lace fabric she used, is that you can tuck a treasury in the pocket she made on the front of the heart. Something she did as well and which you can see on her blog HERE. A beautiful gift to a dear friend this would be.


Next is a wonderful story by Dany of My Little Old World.
She shared with us a Victorian tea party in her beautiful and enchanting garden.


Victorian tea party by My Little Old World
copyright by Dany of My Little Old World


Honestly, I'm in love with her garden! Such a romantic place of beauty and peace.
Be sure to visit her to see more of it if you haven't already.

Ladies, here is the I'm-featured-button for you!




Some thoughts on the photos shared here


Since I'm getting more and more concerned about the copyright of photos we share on our blogs, I have been thinking about the sharing of your photos here on my blog.

Now I do assume you all know that when you link up to my Simply Neutrals party, chances are that one day (or more) your work will be featured here. Which means, I'm sharing your copyrighted photos. If you do not want this, then please do not link up!

I will do my best to protect your copyright though. For example by adding captions and image properties to your featured photos. But if your work is featured here and you want me to remove the photo(s), then please tell me so.


Okay, on to this week's party!


SIMPLY NEUTRALS #27


First of all: beware that when you link up to this party, I assume you agree on your work being featured on this blog, which includes your photos of the linked up blog post. If you do not agree with that, then please do NOT link up.


11 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed seeing your MM Vintage Canvas Wen! So beautifully done in authentic colors and gorgeous lace & textures. It is inspiring : ) As was Suzie's amazing heart! (*sigh*: ) And Dany's lovely table setting; so inviting~ XO Karen O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad the party has returned, even though I never seem to have anything to share. Doesn't mean I don't love seeing what everyone else is up to though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Wen,
    Thank you for the lovely party!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Wendy, it is so good to have you back again, and I hope the vacation, was all you all dreamed of. I look forward seeing and hearing more from the long and exiting tour, to the mountains. Your canvas is so beautiful, and adorable, it is great with the stamped old envelope behind the waving beauty, and love the neutral tones, and sweet lace flowers. Also Suzy`s beautiful heart and the table setting are both so worth, seeing again, so thank you ,sweetie Wen. As I`m all packed up, and have almost no materials left outside boxes, I have to wait ,to hopefully join your lovely party, later . But I will try to find time, to visit all the wonderful posts from people "coming" to your party. Sending you HUGS and love, Wendy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to hear that you had such a great time enjoying the beauty of the great outdoors, I know how hard it is to catch back up after being away

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely to have you back Wen! I really hope your stay in the mountains and away from the computer has helped to restore your energy once again!
    Thank you so much for featuring my heart above! You know it attracted so much interest that I created another batch of them and just this morning found the that the last one has now sold so no doubt there will be more down the track!

    That is such a beautiful garden setting that Dany shared! I could hardly think of a more beautiful place to share a cup of tea with someone!
    Thank you again and take care,

    With love and hugs,
    Suzy xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to mention here Wen just how beautiful your collage is with the stunning image used over the postcard with your sweet additons of lace and motifs! "Bon Voyage" mon ami - in case you may be travelling somewhere new soon!
    xox Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Wen,
    It's lovely to have you back again after your refreshing holiday. I'm sorry I haven't anything ready to share this time, but I do so enjoy seeing what everyone presents. It is such an inspiration and delight, even when I'm not feeling up to actually doing anything. Your canvas is full of gorgeous details which work with the image to tell a pretty story. Suzy's hearts are breath-takingly divine, and I would join you at Dany's tea party too! Such a peaceful setting. I do hope the Simply Neutrals gathering will continue, as I plan to post next time. There, I've made a commitment so I'll have to keep it, won't I?
    Love and hugs,
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  9. My dearest Wen,
    I'm so very grateful to you, the delicacy of your soul and the sweetness of your heart make of you such a precious friend and a rare Lady and to be featured here truly honours me, it's such a gift to me !

    Enjoy your weekend, dearie, may it bring all the best you could wish,
    sending much love to you

    Xx Dany ❥

    ReplyDelete
  10. all the things are amazing.. good work

    Jackpot Call in Gold

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a sweet message, I love reading your comments. Hugs and happy day to you! xx Wen